Back Matter: Sam's Speech to the Nation from the Book "2085: A City on a River" by Robert Villegas

 Sam's Speech to the Nation

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to affect their Safety and Happiness.”

“Citizens, my name is Sam Flavian, formerly known as the Supreme Leader. I am speaking to inform you that I am no longer the Supreme Leader. I am a man, just like you, educated like you, and conceived by unknown parents like you. Today, I am declaring our New America will henceforth be known as America, the name our forefathers gave to this land of ours.

“The words I just read to you are from a historical document that is centuries old. They were written by a young man named Thomas Jefferson, who had been educated for independence. His words represented a founding document that created a new society based upon the concept of individual rights. There had been no nation in the history of the world like America.

”My fellow Americans, tonight, I am speaking to you from my new office here in the Capital city. It is from this office that I will lead the transition of our society from a dictatorship to a constitutional republic. As the former Supreme Leader, I dedicate myself to making my former position obsolete. I intend to put myself out of a job. The only thing I will do in our present circumstance is organize the meetings and conferences that will bring about the peaceful transition from a dictatorship to a civil society. I hope you will indulge me in this effort.

“A constitutional republic is the foundation of a just society. A just society is one built upon the idea that every individual is equal and that his role as a citizen is to build a society through his vote and peaceful interactions with other citizens. In a constitutional republic the individual can vote on his representatives in congress, his President, and the judges he charges to dispense justice and enforce civil and contractual disagreements. A just society helps individuals define the ideological basis of society, as well as how men will make decisions about their values, their purpose in life, and the virtues they will utilize to accomplish the individual’s singular purpose.  

“It is my sincere hope that we can bring about a new society that will be the basis for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for every individual who seeks a future full of hope, honesty, integrity, and self-respect. It is in the light of this hope that I want to start this project. It is therefore my distinct goal today to tell you that our society, as it existed yesterday, has collapsed today.

“I am sad to tell you that the city of Atlanta no longer exists, and I am morally obligated to explain to you the circumstances that are responsible for the events of the last few weeks.

“During the last several years, we have lived in an oppressive dictatorship led by an elite group of men who took orders from a man who used violence and force for his own sake. We know who he is and we know how to remove him from power. I am not the leader of this dictatorship and I apologize for my role as the face of the Supreme Leader. As of today, I renounce this group and separate myself from them. I do not know how long they will let me live, but until this dictatorship is destroyed I vow to fight it in every way I can.

“Yet, there are others of you who have trusted the dictatorship. It has kept much from you, and it has lied to you repeatedly. The reality you think you know is a bold and open lie. It may have made some of you uncomfortable to believe the things you have been told in your classrooms, in your literature, in your media, and in your dreams. I am here to tell you that your trust was betrayed. I am deeply sorry for my role in this, and I ask you to take heart. The truth is coming, and it starts tonight.

“Today, with the help of a few men (who were not part of the dictatorship), we are taking a new turn. The words of independence by Thomas Jefferson are part of an entire literature that has been bequeathed to us by our nation’s true founders, men of high repute and intellectual honesty who lived hundreds of years in the past. These men engaged in a long study of the history that came before them. They examined how governments had previously been constituted and they identified the good and the bad of the ideas of the past. They crafted a new nation born out of freedom and individual rights. The nation was not New America. It was America. New America was a lie while America was founded in truth and a recognition that in order to live well men needed to be left alone by their government, not indoctrinated, and forced to sacrifice their product. I reiterate that the way to a better society is for government to leave people alone.

“Tonight, all that was New America stops. We are no longer going to tell you what to do. We are going to leave you free to decide how you will achieve life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Our nation will undertake a project to release many inspiring documents relevant to the previous nation called America and we will undertake town hall meetings to openly discuss these ideas so you may choose the kind of nation you want for your future prosperity.

“To undertake and lead this project, I am appointing a man I truly respect. His name is Robert Rice. He has studied these documents, and understands the philosophy that created them, and he is fully qualified to discuss them with you and carefully note your views and suggestions. One thing I am certain he will do is lift the veil of secrecy that has dominated our lives.

“During this period of transition, I will be issuing the following temporary changes in government policy:

1.       Starting today, culture is free. You will no longer have culture dictated to you. You will choose the cultural products you want to enjoy.

2.       It will be the policy of this government to maintain a “hands off” approach when it comes to individual actions involving trade, legal matters, and personal matters. We call this individual rights, or individualism. The only acts the government will prosecute are acts of violence or fraud perpetrated on individuals.

3.       The government forsakes the policy of lying to the people and propagating myths that indoctrinate them.

4.       The government declares that there is no war. War abroad is a false emergency propagated by the government to divert your attention from how badly the government has failed at running society. Henceforth, we will undertake a project to expose all emergencies, including environmentalism, fossil fuel elimination, and seeking to discredit political opposition.

5.       Likewise, we will eliminate the National Tax Structure. If you make money in America, you keep it. All taxes will be determined on a use basis or as voluntary payments from citizens who wish to support their government. This government will do very little and should be affordable now that it is no longer “supporting” people who do not earn their keep.

6.       Additionally, we would like to announce the government’s policy of free contract law. Given the will of the people, all contracts between private parties will operate on the basis of the sanctity of contract. The government will not regulate nor otherwise interfere with freely agreed-upon contracts, except in cases where criminality of any type will have been identified. The government may charge a small fee for each agreed-upon contract if there is litigation involved.

7.       Today, I am abolishing the practice of community sexual rites and orgies. The outlawing of romantic preference will stop today. Women have the same individual rights as men. Men and women can now freely associate, freely speak, and freely love according to their own likes. This also means that reeducation camps are henceforth abolished.

8.       Finally, we are scheduling a “Constitutional Convention” and will be inviting what we hope will be our new Founding Fathers. These meetings will be televised to the entire nation and will bring a new sanity to our nation. More information will be forthcoming.

“I realize that you might be confused about our future. Our goal is to follow the meaning and intent of the Declaration of Independence. You may ask, “what is independence? What does living freely mean?”

“As my friend, Robert Rice has told me, the people who wrote the Declaration of Independence ‘wanted to be left alone. How magnificent must have been their knowledge. Our society has been led by men who only believe in force – and these men, these first human beings, were the first to learn a secret no one had known before, that in order for men to live civilly, peacefully, they had to be left alone,’ As I studied the document more closely, I said: ‘Self-evident, unalienable rights. We hold these truths to be self-evident.’ They were absolutists. They believed in absolutes.”

To purchase the book 2085: A City on a River by Robert Villegas ask at your local book store of go to Amazon https://amzn.to/3UrGT6Z

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bobby's Profile

Is DEI killing the WNBA?

Recent Books Published