Back Matter: “Robert’s Razor” by Robert Villegas

The cover of this book asks a question. It asks whether we can arrive at a cultural foundation that would enable men to end mysticism. I don’t, by any means, at least not now, think we can end mysticism. The concept lies at the foundation of our present cultural traditions. It is bred into the psychologies of many people who are convinced that thinking mystically is perfectly rational and desired.

Yet, this book questions the notion that religion is infused with sanity and morality. I hold that religion is not the solution to our cultural foundation but the actual problem. I hope to offer my reasons for why this is the case, and why each of us, as individuals should consider removing mysticism from our lives.

This book introduces the concept of “Robert’s Razor” which is my contribution to religious studies. It holds, in essence, that any set of ideas that is based upon the supernatural, the mystical, and the magical should be discarded as a foundation for living.

I also discuss the importance of a concept that I pioneered in my book Behind the Ritual Mask called “moral triangulation” which is a set of three principles, the chorus (collectivism), the suffering savior (altruism) and the good/evil paradigm (moral dualism). I suggest that this combination of moral premises have devastated human life for centuries and should now be exposed and eliminated.

https://amzn.to/4qVnRC9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bobby's Profile

Is DEI killing the WNBA?

Recent Books Published